Monday 20 July 2015

Juggling time

I have posted before about how hard it is to fit in everything I need to do during a normal ( is there any such thing!) teaching day.
As of this term I am in a classroom 4 days a week with 1 day a week to fit in everything else that I do for my role as AP/ elearning leader/ Maths leader/ SENCO.
It must be said that during this holidays I have alternated between excitement to be spending more time teaching and worrying how to manage everything I need to do.
Today was the first day of one of my teaching roles..a class of new entrants. I have spent the past week getting ready with the teacher who will do 0.6 and I was excited to implement the amazing things we had set up. Getting to school early to allow me to finalise all the prep for todays lessons ( couldn't fit everything in last week despite spending every day in school) I was met by a server room with no power...Now luckily I work for someone with a brain who has employed a full time ICT support company...but they don't live on site...so the problem still remained that I had to get this fixed ASAP otherwise the teachers would not be happy bunnies. I eventually found the issue and handed it over to the IT contract guy to fix remotely. However this took the hour I had allowed  before school to get set up...which then meant running behind all day trying to get resourced for the next section of the day.
Toughen up..is what I usually say to myself in situations like this...but I am not sure how much tougher I can be and I absolutely dislike not performing to the best of my abilities...especially when it comes to being in class...The lessons went well and we achieved all I set out...and more..but the only way to ensure this was to not stp all day and to run like mad during my breaks. I know feel like I have been back at school for a week already..which I know isn't good for me or my family.
So how to juggle is my big question to myself...How will I manage to ensure that everything I need to do is done to my rather exacting standards?

still the staff meeting I ran after school on elearning went well and so did the class programme...could be I am worrying before the horse has even bolted...guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment